Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Put me in coach...

We signed Bud up for soccer last night. I think soccer will be a better sport for him right now. First of all, the kid LOVES to run. We took him to the track once where he learned the art of betting and he ran around the track twice without stopping, at full speed! We had to force him to stop for fear of him combusting. So I don’t think conditioning will be a problem (do they need conditioning at age 4 ½?). But the biggest reason I think it’s a good sport for him to take up is I have NO idea how to play. We never had soccer as an option growing up so I don’t know the rules and I can’t flip out when he’s not doing it right because I won’t know the difference. Blissful ignorance is underrated!  

2 comments:

  1. That cracks me up! choosing a sport you know nothing about will definitely help in the whole competition thing. at least i hope it does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah! I am massivly competitive also, so my kid is doomed too! I can't wait to go to her games and scream...and I mean cheer her on of course...while my husband coaches (oh yes, we have it all figured out).

    ReplyDelete