Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Memorial Day

My husband and I are not planners, we are go alongers (I don’t care if that’s not a word, I’m making it one). And being the go alongers that we are we having nothing planned for this Memorial Day weekend because no one we know has invited us to do anything. It’s very sad really but what are you going to do? (Doing something would require planning and I think I’ve covered that well enough to know that’s not going to happen.)

Don’t get me wrong, we won’t be sitting at home glued to the TV or anything (although maybe we should because we have a lot of DVR catching up to do.) We’ll get to the park, and take walks, and work on the house, stuff like that but there will be no big parties for us. Unless you count spackling the dining room a party because then I think we may just have the biggest shindig of the year! Everyone is welcome to come over and help!! BYOFM&PK (Bring Your Own Face Mask and Putty Knife, of course)

What about everyone else? How are you celebrating?

Thank you veterans and those still serving for protecting our country and giving me and my family our freedom!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a planner either, But I actually attempted to plan something and when my family got wind of it they took it and ran with it! so Now we have yard work at my parents tomorrow followed by two days of relaxing, BBQing and swiming in my little mess' new blow up pool in their back yard which meant I had to go Swim Suit shopping! YUCK!!!

    Hope you have a Fabulous weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I like that term "go alongers." That describes me pretty well!

    ReplyDelete