Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Nemisis...forever and always


I’ve written about dinner before. We have a love/hate relationship. I’m always looking for quick, simple recipes that don’t require a ton of ingredients. I always fail miserably. I scour the internet for something, anything, to feed my picky family of four that is nutritious yet delicious. Why is it so hard??

I need your help! What do you feed your family when you have about 20 minutes to get a meal on the table before you’re out the door again heading off to that night’s sports practice?

3 comments:

  1. A quick go to for us is taco salad. I brown some ground turkey, throw it over lettuce with some tomatoes, cheese, and maybe a few olives and Ortega sauce. It's super simple and 20 minutes to make.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We buy flank steak, season the shit out of it, broil it, slice it really thin, and lay it over a salad. Add some blue cheese crumbles and veggies and you've got yourself a meal. Not sure kids would like that though. I should think about what KIDS might like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do spaghetti a lot. Sometimes deli sandwiches, or Sam's Club has a pretty good already cooked beef brisket. Just make some sides, and warm up the meat. The DW also does crock pot meals. Good Luck. Seems like the "what's for dinner" question is the worst.

    ReplyDelete