Monday, June 20, 2011

I'm leaving on a jet plane

(Don't know about the rest of you but I officially have that song stuck in my head now. You're welcome.)

We are off tomorrow (way too early) for Montana. Happy to report that two suspicious devices were found on an inbound plane to Syracuse yesterday (of course that's where we fly out of) so security is going to be the BEST! I can't wait! (Does the sarcasm come through in my writing?)

Being that we are in the technological stone age in my house I do not have an iphone, ipad, or any other i-products that will allow me to blog while we are out there. So I hope you'll all be around next week when I do a massive photo dump of our trip. I got a brand new camera (Yay!!!) so you can expect a lot of beautiful pictures. At least that's my goal. We'll see how it pans out. I did get a telephoto lens so I'm hoping I'll be able to get some nice pictures. (Landscapes are my friend because they don't move around unexpectedly.)

***************

Bud had his kindergarten screening today. He scored above average on everything (Yay!) and he's all set for kindergarten in the fall. They said we'd be done by 1:15, we finally got out at 1:45. The entire time I had to listen to the lady next to me (who looked about ready to pop) huffing, puffing, moaning, and groaning. I was afraid she was going to go into labor right there in the band room! I think she was looking for sympathy because as soon as me and another mother talked to her for a second she stopped all the acoustics.

Also, Bud is officially the smallest kid in his class. During his graduation I was happy to see another small child. I thought he was smaller than Bud but we measured them side by side today and Bud is definitely shorter! Poor kid! I was always the smallest too. I just hope he realizes the advantages and doesn't see it as a detriment. I'm certain he'll be closer to my height (5"1') and Babe will be closer to my husbands (6"1'). :-)

Have a great week and I'll be back to blogging on Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a height difference! It will be interesting to see how the kids turn out.

    Mine, on the other hand, are doomed. Short, shorter and shortest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a height difference! It will be interesting to see how the kids turn out.

    Mine, on the other hand, are doomed. Short, shorter and shortest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun!

    And yay for Bud on the Kindergarten screening! Maybe he'll sprout up one of these years and not be the smallest kid in his class!

    ReplyDelete