Friday, April 29, 2011

What's that sound? It's my youth slipping away...

Do you think it’s time to buy new workout clothes when you put on your shorts and can hear the elastic disintegrating? When your shorts are older than both of your kids combined it’s probably time to splurge at Wal-Mart and buy another pair! Why do I still feel guilty spending the money when it’s obvious they are sooo past their prime? Plus the fact that every pair of workout shorts I own has my college insignia on it and umm, it’s been seven years since I graduated. Just because my father is still able to fit into his high school track uniform (I KNOW! Don’t you want to SMACK him!!!) doesn’t mean I need to save gym shorts from 2004! I fear every time I go to spike a ball (I play volleyball during lunch) that when I land my shorts will no longer be around my waist!! Right now my options for shorts are ones I have to hold up or shorts that are so short I’d be embarrassed to step outside the locker room (yeah, my pre-baby body was much more forgiving!) I hate to shop but I think it’s time to suck it up and splurge for a new pair!

While I’m there I should probably buy new dress pants too. Having to wear my belly band from when I was pregnant because my pants won’t button is a good sign that either I need to start working out hard core (hahahahahaha!) or I need to suck it up and buy a bigger size. Is it a problem that I still wear my maternity underwear too? My youngest is only turning two in July…

No comments:

Post a Comment