Thursday, April 7, 2011

Willpower


So in November my dear friend from work and I decided that we should walk the stairs during lunch to get some exercise and to get out of our seats for a few minutes each day. It’s good exercise because it doesn’t take long but you can feel the benefits. A short time later we both came down with colds that forced us to take a break from our climb but we both resolved to get back to it as soon as we were healthy. In the meantime she was diagnosed with exercise/cold induced asthma. I didn’t ask for a doctor’s note but I gave her the benefit of the doubt that she could opt-out of our daily ascension.

Although I lost my stair partner I still had every intention of continuing when I was healthy again. (Notice I used the past tense in that sentence.) In order to keep me on track I decided to set a daily reminder to pop up just before lunch so I couldn’t use the “I forgot” excuse. Well it is now April and every day I “dismiss” my pop-up reminder without actually doing it. At this point it’s mocking me. Taunting me.  Laughing at me that I have no will power. To prove it wrong I’ve decided I’m not giving in. I’ll show that reminder who’s boss! I’m too stubborn strong to give in to peer pressure!

No comments:

Post a Comment