Tuesday, October 11, 2011

That Guy That Found Us

To celebrate the day of "That Guy That Found Us" (or, if you are not familiar with Bud's terminology, Columbus Day) we went for a hike in the Adirondacks. I was a little concerned about how Bud and Babe would handle it (the trail gets pretty steep at times) but they enjoyed every second of it and really did great. Toward the end Babe got a bit tired and cranky but it was nothing a ride on Dad's shoulders couldn't cure!

 I believe his look is saying "Mom, put down the freakin camera and come help me out!!!"

 King of the Mountain!



 He LOVED that the rock was like a chair!





 Bud took this picture. Not bad!





 This was at the top. Thank goodness for the roots!



 They both put their hands on their faces at the same time. It wasn't even planned. I have such cooperative kids!

 A friendly stranger took our picture for us.



 Another Bud picture. Not bad at all!




And another one from Bud. He might have a future!

 My little ham!

Like I said, nothing better than Dad's shoulders!

Lily
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

8 comments:

  1. Very cute!! Bud's a great photographer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the view of the lake/river behind you all. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great family photos!!! And such a beautiful area. Glad you got to celebrate, "That Guy That Found Us" day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I want to go for a hike now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks gorgeous! I wish we had trees to hike through here instead of dried up branches!

    Looks like an excellent way to celebrate Mr. Columbus, I'm sure he would have approved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful hike! Don't worry; I never correct any grammar errors I'm not getting paid to correct. And if you happen to recognize any of your own errors on one of my future blogs, just pretend you've never seen it before. ;-) I look forward to following you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That picture of the 4 of you should be your Christmas card! Great pictures! I have a feeling that we don't live that far away from each other..your hike looks familiar to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks ideal. Translation = No rain. Yes, it's been wet here but at least it is drying up now. We might even get some of that in ourselves.

    Yes, great pics Bud.

    ReplyDelete