Thursday, October 13, 2011

Conversations with Bud

Bud: (showing me his piggy bank) Mom, do you see all the money in here?

Me: Yeah, that’s a lot of pennies money!

Bud: I’m going to save all my money to buy a smart phone.

Me: WHAT?

Bud: Yeah, smart phones are so cool!

Me: What do you know about smart phones?

Bud: You can play games on them and make phone calls! They are SO COOL! It’s like your iPod but only better!

Me: (mumbling under my breathe) You’re 5!!

Me: And are you going to get a job to pay for the monthly data package charge?
  
Bud: But Mom, I already have jobs! I am a police man, a farmer, and a doctor! Don't you remember? (oh, how I wish I could show you how he talked with his hands while he was saying this! No doubt, he has Italian blood!)

Me: You are too young for a phone, especially a smart phone.

Bud: Well, when can I get one? When I’m 6?

Me: When you are a parent you can buy a smart phone.

Bud: Yessss!

Lily
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

6 comments:

  1. My husband wants my son to buy an iTouch with his savings and I feel like it's totally something for older kids.

    I have a feeling that we are going to have a battle with our six year old over all sorts of things like this over the next 5 years or so.

    Sounds like you have a little man that has big dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - I love this dialogue. It could be a comic strip. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) That is so funny!!
    iPhones ARE cool! :) I want one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, six is a pretty big milestone, well on the way to parenthood and smart phone ownership!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I love Bud! What a funny kid! Did you tell him that he would have to marry a girl before becoming a parent ;)

    ReplyDelete