Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Where were you on August 30, 1982?

I promised myself I wouldn’t tell people it’s my birthday today (because, come on, I’m 29 now, it really doesn’t make a difference) but I already broke that promise by 7:30 this morning so I’m gunna say the hell with it. IT’S MY BIRTHDAY!

I’m at work and later we have a meeting with Babe’s nursery school where we’ll have to help clean the classroom and playground. Nothing but fun and excitement for me! :-)

But I did get some special treatment this morning when I got to work. I’m lucky to work with a really great group of ladies. They made me cupcakes (gluten free, of course!) and got me a Target gift card. The gift card came with restrictions! (Tyrants!) They said I’m only allowed to use it on stuff for myself. My boss said “You don’t wear diapers, nor do you wear size 2T or 5T so those items may not be purchased with the gift card.” She knows me really well! :-)

My husband got me covered a while ago when he bought me my new digital camera (this model). I L.O.V.E. this camera! I haven’t even had the chance to really learn all the things I can do with it but the picture quality is amazing and I get excited just thinking about it! He’s also really thoughtful and left little notes all around the house and my car this morning and I just got flowers delivered to my office from him! He’s good to me!!

I took care of myself this morning and threw a pork shoulder in the crock pot for pulled pork tonight. Easy, simple, and incredibly delicious!

Bud was great this morning. He was kind of grumpy when I woke him up so I told him it was my birthday. He gasped and said “HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!” and gave me a big hug. Later when Babe got up he said to her “You have to say Happy Birthday to someone when it's their birthday. Unless you don’t know it’s their birthday. Then it’s ok if you don’t say anything.” Heart = Melt!!!

I’ll leave you with my most favorite birthday clip:





Lily

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

5 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday!!! You can pretend I am singing to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! WHere was I? Starting 2nd grade. Ugh. I sound so old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! Happy Birthday! I hope it was great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday...super late! I am sorry I missed the big day, but our internet just came back!

    Hope it was everything you hoped for!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete