Thursday, March 24, 2011

Work in progress


I’ve posted before about Bud’s tendency towards manipulation. He’s working hard to refine his skills. He’s been sick with a terrible cough that is FINALLY winding down. During the peak of it I let him have cough drops because he kept complaining that his throat hurt and was dry. Of course cough drops = candy to him. Now that he’s not coughing much, if at all, I haven’t allowed him to have any. Last night as we were getting ready for bed he said he wanted one because he “still had a really bad cough”. I said I haven’t heard him cough all day. His response to that? COUGH, COUGH! See mom! COUGH! I really do have a bad cough still! COUGH, COUGH!

That’s when the peanut gallery kicked in and Babe starts coughing too because she thinks it’s funny to cough when other people cough. Bud heard her coughing and said “I think she needs a cough drop too.” Babe hears this and says “Candy! Candy! Candy!” It’s one thing to explain to a 4 year old that he can’t have any candy, you can (slightly) reason with them. But once a 1 year old gets it in her head OH BOY! And since she’s crying now asking for candy Bud turns on his water works to see if he can get anything out of it. I must say they are a very annoying convincing pair!

I’m proud to say I didn’t give in! Though it would have given me peace and quiet a lot sooner and believe me, I was tempted!! However, my powers of distraction are still stronger then their powers of manipulation…for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment