Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Priorities


Yesterday was really very scary! Everything worked out just fine and we haven’t had any other issues (and hopefully it stays that way) but man it put things into perspective! I definitely take things for granted and yesterday taught me to cherish my loved ones a little more, and be thankful a little more. I couldn’t stop hugging my kids when I got home from work. Don’t get me wrong, I hug and kiss them a lot, but yesterday my hugs were a little tighter, my kisses a little more meaningful! I’ve dealt with heartache and lost loved ones but the thought of losing a child takes the air out of my lungs and makes me hurt inside. I know me and my parents lost the same person but losing a sister is nothing like losing a child. I can’t imagine the pain and heartbreak my parents went through almost 11 years ago. Even though I was going through it with them, and losing a sister is not easy, that is nothing compared to losing a child.

We were lucky. It really turned out to be nothing serious because the levels we had were not serious enough to cause any problems but I didn’t know that at the time and it doesn’t change the fact that it was s-c-a-r-y!

I like to think that I stayed calm enough so that Bud and Babe didn’t freak out (like I was doing in my head) and I do think I accomplished that because Bud’s biggest concern was that the TV hadn’t been working during the power surge. He can’t stop talking about how “we need electricity to make the TV work!” Priorities people!

No comments:

Post a Comment