Tuesday, September 6, 2011

School Days


Bud starts kindergarten tomorrow. All summer he has asked if it’s September yet. When it finally rolled around 6 days ago he was nearly jumping out of his skin with excitement! Every night he asks me if school is “next day” yet.  Tonight I can finally tell him “Yes!” He’s most excited about recess. Ahh, to be young!

I haven’t found myself to be emotional about this major step in his life. I think I don’t find it a big deal now because he’s been attending a school program since he was three. Believe me, I know it’s a big deal. I’m just not getting emotional. However, I may change my tune in the morning when I am taking pictures of him in his very first non-cartoon character backpack.

Babe is starting a 2 year old nursery school program next week. She picked out a Hello Kitty backpack that is just slightly smaller than she is. She has been parading around in it since we bought it. She also likes to wear her sunglasses when she has it on. Drama queen might be an appropriate name for her.

Pictures to come tomorrow!

Lily
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

3 comments:

  1. awwww- I bet you'll end up at least a little emotional.

    Bud is going to kindergarten!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got around to reading this post. How'd it go? My youngest started pre-school today too. The DW said she couldn't stop crying. Her last one you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG good luck! I can't wait to see pictures! A's back to school night was last night and it was prety intense! Sheesh, what have I gotten myself into!

    :) Tell them to have fun at recess

    ReplyDelete