Wednesday, February 16, 2011

We got a first timer over here!


My daughter slept in a bed for the first time last night. She did much better than I expected. We made her part of the process of taking her crib down and putting the toddler bed up and we made a big deal about her sleeping in her “big girl bed”. We did such a good job of talking it up that Bud tried to convince us he had to sleep with her last night. Much to his dismay his pleadings fell on deaf ears. She only woke up three times throughout the night. She’s very sneaky though. She knew if she came into my room I would bring her back to hers so she would come out and close her door (tight so she couldn’t get back in) and just stood in the hallway. Luckily, years of practice have led me to be a light sleeper and I immediately heard her once she closed her door. (She’s smart but I’m smarter…for now.) She didn’t fight me when I brought her back into her room and she’d climb right back up and lay down. I stayed in there a couple times but eventually I was able to leave right away after putting her back. I was really impressed and expected it to be a much worse night than it turned out to be. I don’t know if it was a fluke or if she’ll be ok but we’ll take it one night at a time. Maybe if she’s having trouble we can give in and let Bud sleep with her. Better he wakes up all night than me! (Insert evil laugh here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment