Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thought Vomit Thursday


So you might not know this about me but I think about some really random crap. (I know! Hard to believe, right!) Most of the time I spare you guys the details but I have come across the perfect platform to spew my mind vomit all across the Internet. 

Thought Vomit Thursdays was brought to my attention by Josey over at “My Cheap Version of therapy”
 (Go ahead and click the link. She’s fun. The first link will bring you to her home page, the second will bring you to her first TVT post.)

Here goes…
***********************************


I need a vacation. Me, a book (or twelve), and a chair on the beach. If someone wants to pay for this to happen I will shamelessly accept your generosity.

Bud is changing. He’s getting…big! His features are changing, he’s looking more and more like my husband every day. I don’t know that he’s actually growing (I don’t have much hope that he will be much taller than me – poor kid.) but he’s certainly not a baby anymore and I feel compelled to agree with him when he claims he is a “big kid.” He’s always been smart but he’s getting scary smart. He’s making connections that are so advanced and he’s starting to think about things that I never would have thought a boy of almost 6 would think. It makes me say “Whoa!”

As much trouble as Babe gives me at night, she is an absolute pleasure in the morning. She always wakes up with a smile on her face and literally bounces out of her bed. (She literally bounces most of the day for that matter.) I can’t even explain what joy it gives me when I go in her room to get her up and before even opening her eyes she is smiling. That smiles saves her life at night. I swear!

To the father’s of the student’s I’ve been wasting my time dealing with these last few days – your douchbaggery has not gone unnoticed and karma is a bitch. Fair warning.

I woke up early and put a pork roast in the crock pot. I just realized I never started it. Awesome.

I also forgot my clothes for playing volleyball at lunch. Fabulous!

I’m really great at remembering stuff.

So I was thinking. I’m fairly certain that my celiac disease was triggered by stress (my Papa died, then my sister died a month later, I graduated high school 2 months after that, we moved to a new state 2 months after that, and then I went away to college 2 weeks after moving and I developed it soon after) so I’m wondering if maybe experiencing another stressful period in my life will trigger it to go into remission. I don’t think that’s possible or ever happened before but how awesome would that be! It’s a nice dream to hold in my heart.

While reading Goodnight iPad to Bud last night we came to my favorite part (“Goodnight power light, guiding us to pee in the darkness of night”) and he had to stop me to point out that he would never say “that word” (meaning “pee”) at school. He just says he has to go to the bathroom so people think he’s polite. I had to give him a hug and kiss for that!

Happy Thursday!


Lily

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

6 comments:

  1. Awh, what a polite kid!!

    Sucky about the crock pot - I've totally done that. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( I don't think I knew about all the stress you experiences right around age 18. So sorry.

    And I found that book and it's been ordered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little sweetheart with the "bathroom" word choice :) Sorry you're going through so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could just hug your kids!

    Also, every morning I put a cup of tea in the microwave in my classroom as the kids are coming in. Sometimes I even turn on the microwave. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #1 I'm jealous of you blog design. It's way cuter than mine. Damn you

    #2 You used the word "douchebaggery" therefore we could be best friends (even with my blog design envy raging)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing to see them grow at this age, isn't it? And I can totally relate about the connections that blow you away. Such fun to be a parent of a little boy.

    ReplyDelete