Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Apple doesn't fall far at all

(If you haven't read my Valentine's post from yesterday read here so that the following makes sense.)

There is no denying I am my mother's child. I received this email from her this morning about the conversation she had with my father yesterday.

Mom: Do you want to do anything for Valentine's Day?

Dad: No, you?

Mom: No.

Dad: That's why I Love you.

~~~~~

Mom: rummage through my card drawer and come up with a pretty rose card with a blank message. I write something sweet and sentimental and leave it on Dad's dresser.

Dad: takes the card and crosses out his name to mine and mine to his and leaves it on the Kitchen counter.

Ahh, true love after 37 years!

My mom said it best, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!


Lily

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, I love it. They are being economical too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They've just learned that being together is the most important thing, and that you don't just celebrate each other once a year. We're kind of the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love it! I am such a sucker for Valentine's Day...I mean I want it all...flowers, chocolates, presents :) My parents always made such a big deal out of it, and well...I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree :)

    ReplyDelete