Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Why I Suck at Life


I’m a procrastinator. Like an uber-procrastinator. This time I’ve really screwed myself. My in-laws watch our kids all year but ask for a few months off in the summer so they can enjoy life travel and just relax. I knew that come July we’d need to have another babysitter in place. I knew this. Yet, here I am 5 days from needing a new babysitter and I don’t have one. In my defense I have called around and no one is available but perhaps I would have had better odds if I made those calls before this week.

Not only am I a procrastinator but I’m also a terrible decision maker. So is the husband. Together we suck. We procrastinate until we absolutely have to do something, then we never know what the right decision is so we procrastinate some more. I’m not certain how our kids have survived. It’s really a vicious cycle.

So now here I am, days away from certain death, and I have no idea what to do. We’d like to have someone who lives in our town, that way in an emergency my in-laws are close (and I’m 20 minutes away), but one of the downsides of living in a small town and knowing everyone’s business is that you are well aware of people’s issues and don’t want to get involved in that mess. Ignorance is bliss when in desperate need of childcare sometimes.

So I’m praying to the childcare gods to plop someone in our laps (clearly this is a very effective childcare search tool) and save us from ourselves by next week. Hmmm, I wonder how much vacation time I have saved up. I might be (cough cough) sick on Monday…maybe even the next two months. I’m sure my boss would totally be ok if I called in sick for two months straight. 



Lily

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

5 comments:

  1. Eeeeks - good luck. Let us know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck. I'm sure it will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you could be sick for two months..mono anyone?

    Finding a new sitter is so tough, especially for a regular gig. I don't know how it can work in a small town, but here are some ways I've found people...craigslist, gym child room workers, friends of course, preschool teachers, and there is also a drop in child care place near us. Obviously there are interviews and all that, but it works.

    I hope something works out soon!

    ReplyDelete