Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Flashback

 I don't remember how old I was in this picture (maybe 7 or 8)  but I was the coolest (obviously) and had an awesome friendship bracelet collection. It was the best! It would stay wet for days and be so itchy underneath but I was COOL! For some reason my mom said I couldn’t wear them anymore and made me cut them off.  She said they were starting to smell and my arm was probably atrophying underneath. (I don’t really believe she used the word “atrophy” but it would have been pretty cool if she did say that to her 7 yo daughter.) (Then again, to get me to stop sucking my thumb my parents told me that if I didn’t stop I’d suck all the skin right off my thumb and I’d just have the bone sticking out…so, maybe she did use the word atrophy.) Either way, to calm me down she said we could take a picture so we’d never forget how disgustingly gross wonderful those few months were.


(I know I am you are excited that I found ANOTHER picture with a cameo appearance from that heart comforter!)
(I can spot at least 7 items in this picture that I still own.)
(I may have trouble throwing things away.)

So...you better believe I did NOT discourage my son when he discovered Silly Bandz!

And yes, he's sitting at the same table that I was sitting at.

Happy Friday Peeps!


Lily
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

10 comments:

  1. OMG I remember that cash register, you always had the coolest toys!! I was always jealous... I still think the connects thing (the one we made a wheel chair with to go down the drive way with was the best!!) but I don't remember that horrible wall paper, was it always like that?!? And your heart comforter was the s&!t ;o)

    Bud looks so much like you, but at least the silly bands don't smell!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!

    I own silly bandz that I may or may not have worn for the duration of 2010. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fantastic! I think my favorite is your bedside lamp in the picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's so funny! My almost 7-yr-old daughter just got a friendship bracelet maker for Christmas. I love that you are both sitting at the same table. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, I was a friendship bracelet whore! I loved them. I even tied some in my hair and frankly I'm sure those stunk even worse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a million of those on my arm and ankle...my mom made me cut them off before school started! That is soo cute with your son. At least the silly bandz dry quicker!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd totally forgotten how disgusting thread bracelets get - you have officially helped me decide to not sip the friendship bracelet koolaid (but they're all over pinntteerrreeessst right nowwww!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! The silly bandz thing is difficult for me to support, but I never thought about my obsession with friendship bracelets. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really heartwarming when we're reminiscing. Those friendship bracelets are cute.

    ReplyDelete