Monday, May 13, 2013

Words make it all worth it

I didn't get breakfast in bed. I didn't get jewelry or clothes. I got something a whole lot better...

From Bud:
 photo MothersDay1_zpsd9da4325.jpeg
1. Mom is really fun
2. Mom is thoughtful
3. Mom is very funny
4. Mom is very nice
5. Mom is very strong
6. Mom is very fast
7. Mom is very smart
8. Mom forgets a lot
(Thanks Bud. He giggled when I read this one. He loved that he could tease me with it)
9. Mom is pretty
(Awww, that's so much better then the time he told me my boobs look weird)
10. Mom loves a lot of people
(Especially a certain little boy and his sister)


 photo MothersDay2_zps111fb418.jpeg
The best thing about Mom is she makes me feel better when I am sad. She likes to help us when we need help. Her favorite foods are chili and...


 photo MothersDay3_zps4ee73ec7.jpeg
stir fry. Mom knows a lot about reading books. I wish she didn't have to cook so much. (clearly I have not hidden the fact that I hate making dinner) I love when we go to the park.


From Babe:
 photo MothersDay4_zps37b84726.jpeg

Yes Babe, I am 5...don't ever forget that!
I do love blue!
Clearly I love chili...too bad they hate it!
Can you guess Babe's favorite song for me to sing to her? (It says Twinkle, Twinkle in case you can't read the teacher's cramped writing)
I do so very much love the restaurant la Iguana! I'm glad she knows it! :-)
She's a fun game player
How can I argue with that? :-)


Bud insisted on calling me "Mother" the entire day. I told him he didn't have to call me Mother just because it was Mother's Day but he informed me that: "I have to! It wouldn't be polite if I didn't!" Well, how could I argue with that! So "Mother" it was...all day! 

The weather left a little to be desired yesterday but that didn't stop us from taking a bike ride to the park and it was the perfect excuse to snuggle on the couch and watch the Rangers win game 6 to force a game 7 watch cartoons until Babe fell asleep leaning up against me. I couldn't have asked for a better Mother's Day!

Lily

5 comments:

  1. I cried the whole time I read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO much better than any material gift. You have amazing kids. That makes you an amazing mother. (I'm being polite and calling you mother!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! This is better than diamonds and pancakes combined. It's so fun to see you through your kids' eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These gifts are definitely the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, those make it all worth it that's for sure. Glad you had a good Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete