Thursday, December 22, 2011

Friday Flashback - Thursday Edition


Bud's First Christmas (Circa 2006)

My Aunt made Bud a stocking out of my sister's clothes for his first Christmas. After I stopped sobbing I realized just how BIG the stocking was! I commented, "It's so big, Bud could probably fit in it." Well! You know that means I had to try! Sure enough! He fit! And then I made my husband hold him up so I could take lots and lots of pictures! :-)

The problem is now I have to find enough stocking stuffers to fill that thing! Thanks Aunt D! Thanks a lot :-)

(And I wouldn't trade it for the world. I choke up just thinking about how much I love this stocking.)

I'll be MIA for a while because I'm hosting Christmas (17 people for 4 days and 28 on Christmas day) so I'll be busying entertaining and trying to survive. 

Merry Christmas everyone!

P.S. Remind me to tell you guys about my fridge fiasco. We got a new one...and then we didn't.


Lily
Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

9 comments:

  1. I love this. I wanted a picture of Tay in a stocking, but she was too big for hers.

    And 28 people on Christmas day?? ARE YOU INSANE!

    Good luck and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture, I was wondering how Bud was staying up!!! Thanks for answering that:-)

    Aunt D is amazing!!! I keep the mini stocking that she made for us out all year! I like having her around and being able to see her stuff. In my mind it makes me feel like she keeps an eye on me at all times! I can't imagine how hard it is for you, but you know the M sisters are now your sisters!! Love you and good luck with your company, I'm sure your inner Martha stewart will come out!! Tell everyone Merry Christmas (you fithly animal... Sorry I could resist the home alone quote)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *filthy... can't type!! You knew what I meant;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!! He's looking quite content in there!

    My mom used to always put fruit in our stockings and pop-tarts as fillers in between the little presents. I wasn't too excited about Santa doing that as a child, but now I do the same thing with my kids--ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photo should win an award or something--WHAT a cutie! How was your Christmas? I'm pretty sure that you should have turned your Christmas into a reality show (I'm sure your guests wouldn't have minded video cameras in the bathroom) because THAT many people together for THAT long (and even SOME of them being related) makes for F-U-N-N-Y television! I hope you fared well...;o) I read this before Christmas and don't know WHY I didn't respond...maybe a child was jumping on my head or something...Anyway, I can't wait to hear about the fridge!
    http://anothertiredmommy.blogspot.com/2011/12/children-of-mass-destruction.html?spref=fb

    ReplyDelete
  6. So?!? How did it go!!? Merry Christmas and happy new year! Can't wait to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe I went the whole holiday season without trying to fit into a stocking.

    Sigh, regrets...

    ReplyDelete