Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Work Hard and Be Nice

One of the most important things for me as a mother is to teach my children how to be happy, compassionate, understanding, and hard working. I know that I must lead by example and I have made great changes in my life so that I can accomplish exactly that. I believe little bits of inspiration can lead to big changes and I want to expose my children to as much wisdom as I can. One of the ways I like to find wisdom is in quotes. I’m big on quotes. (My Pinterest boards can attest to that.) I love drawing inspiration and wisdom from all kinds and I have begun to use quotes in my decorating.

When I was little my mom had a quote hanging in her kitchen and it always resonated with me. It was, “To know you is to love you and I know you very much.” So simple and yet it has stuck with me all these years. 

My kitchen is my favorite room in the house and it has a style all its own. I knew I wanted a sign to hang above the rafters and a few weeks ago I found the perfect one. It’s everything I want for my children. 

 photo Kitchen_zpsghdqkype.jpg

It's such a simple sign, but it contains so much wisdom. I hope it will rub off subconsciously on both of them and I will also use it as an inspiration in my own life so they can see this thought in action. 



Lily

3 comments:

  1. I love that your mom's kitchen quote made such an impression on you and that you're hoping the same will be true for your kids. Perfect sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to come in and say everything Sheelah said.

    Also, your kitchen rules!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quote and sign!
    Enjoying reading your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete