Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Things I've learned in the last two days
I am on "vacation" this week so I can babysit my nieces and Babe while their grandparents (their normal babysitters) are on a much needed vacation. Please note the italics and quotes on the word "vacation." I am NOT cut out to be a stay at home mom. It really has gone well these last two days, I really have no complaints...but these last two days have made me realize some very important things:
1) I am supremely grateful that I stopped after two children!
2) I DO NOT want to have another baby. <-- I fully understand this may change if I end up getting married again, but right now...praise the Lord that I don't have to consider it!
3) I could NEVER be a stay-at-home mom. I think it takes a special kind of person to do it and do it well. I can handle it this week because I know it's not permanent, but I'm a better mom when I'm not home with them all day. I don't think this makes me a bad mom, I just know my limitations.
4) So glad I'm done with diapers!! Yay for fully potty-trained kids!!
5) I'm really grateful for these days I get to spend with my nieces. As they grow, and as time creates distance between me and my ex's family, I'm really glad I get to spend this time with them and appreciate them. I really, really do...even if it involves changing diapers.